“It's no use going back to yesterday...”

6.01.2014

Just dropping by for a quick update! 

It's getting to be a difficult time of year, in an equally challenging year.  I hope to graduate in August, which means from now until then school remains fairly time-consuming. "Real life" issues have also been causing me a bit of stress.

However, because of all this stuff building up, I think I will be reading more often, and blogging, too.  In fact, I feel a little desperate for some good reads to get me through the next several weeks.  (Also, summer == books.)

Have you heard of Tolkien's Beowulf, which was just published last week?!  I am excited to get my hands on a copy.  Maybe it will spark my enthusiasm for the story (admittedly lukewarm).

Right now, I have The Brothers Karamazov looming overhead, but I've actually been reading A Study in Scarlet for my Sherlock Holmes challenge.  Of course, it should be a one-day read, but I am so slow a reader these days.

One more thing - I really enjoy following you all on the blogs and Goodreads!  It's fun to see what you're reading, and it gives me some motivation to get back into it.

3 comments :

  1. Tolkien's Beowulf? No way! I'll have to check that out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to compare it to Seamus Heaney's Beowulf, which is my favourite. I do wonder, though, why Tolkien's son is unearthing all these unknown manuscripts all of a sudden. I have The Fall of Arthur on my to-read list for my Arthurian challenge.

    I hope life eases up for you a little, Marian. I'm looking forward to seeing what you're going to choose to read next. I read Dostoyevsky's The Idiot recently and realized that he's an author I have to get accustomed to. I did enjoy it though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going to have to check out that Tolkien - wow! :)

    Brothers K - awesome read!

    Hope life gets a little less stressful for you, Marian.

    ReplyDelete